Tuesday, August 11, 2009

One Year Work Anniversary~ Nothing but Stress!

Walking into work this morning, I totally forgot that it was indeed my one year anniversary of employment. Amie called out "Happy Anniversary!" as she walked in though, recalling it to my memory. I had realized that it was coming up though, because I have been anticipating the much needed $1 raise and one-week's paid vacation time!!! Although, I'm not sure when I am to receive that promised raise on my pay. I suppose I will have to be more relentless and outspoken than I normally tend to be. It's mine- I earned it. I can't let them think that I merely "forgot" that it had been promised to me. Nuh uh. I'm just going to have to say something. The problem is that the boss man has been acting a little strained and aggravated again lately. His good mood didn't even last two months :(
And it occurs to me that while I am asking him about when I am to receive my raise, he'll probably already be stressed out and frenzied because of his youngest, dearest, most confusing son. Within an hour of being here this morning Amie and I had his son, Mark, "lecturing" us about an apparant mistake in the invoicing and credit charge of a company who now no longer wants to do business with is. It would be comical that the fault lays in Mark's lap except he seems to continuously push the issue this morning, attempting to pass off the blame from himself to us. Accountibility and responsibility really are not his forte. I would go into the multiple, insanely ignorant comments that he had made to us, but let's just suffice it to say that he really has no concept of business or his role as a salesperson. (I am being politically correct on the "salesperson" terminology as our "saleswoman" lands more sales and therefore should be considered when speaking of the sales department.)
So here's to hoping the lost customer drama is centered around the correct person and the raise is as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment