Sunday, August 23, 2009

I Suppose . . .

Oh well. I suppose, like Jeanne said, there's a reason for me not getting into a classroom just yet......... I'm sure she's right and yet the disappointment is still overwhelmingly settling in. After (Aunt) Donna's comment about "needing to have a connection" to get into a classroom, I just hope that the family dynamic and political chaos hasn't extended to other school districts in keeping me from my career. I'm not sure where that would leave me if it truly were the case. Moving out of state, like Jeanne???? How is that fair? Well, it isn't. But that's not necessarily a new thing for me or anyone else to experience. I will just have to continue putting in the non-stop effort in order to get my name and face into more school systems. While I am attempting that, I think that I will also continue my education at this point. I hate to add onto the student loans but it just might be necessary in order to become more employable.

Now the question remains, what to get my master's in?? counseling??? general education?? reading?? special education?? children's lit??? or something entirely different then the world of education??? There truly are so many areas in which one can present himself/herself that I just don't know. I think that I need to take a day or two of serious thought.......meditate into myself and figure out what direction I would like to and need to take in getting my career to take off......

My biggest roadblock......not comparing my current life status with that of those around me...
Everyone evaluates themselves with some standard in mind...whether it be the standards shown from classmates, family, co-workers, or other such people.
The bottom line is that I need to determine what standard I want for my life....and I need to base that standard on practical limits and realistic expectations for what I, personally, am capable of achieving.

No comments:

Post a Comment