Thursday, September 10, 2009

Recession Coming to An End?!

According to an article on ABC News, federal surveys are showing a slight improvement in businesses around the country (http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wirestory?id=8527477).
I find even the gossip of such an actuality encouraging! I'm still concerned though that we'll be struggling through the cold, winter months as unemployment is an issue in most regions yet. It takes time to recover from the downward spiral our country's economy has been taking. I'm praying that all of those who are able and willing to work can find jobs to support themselves and their families. Also, I have been attempting to follow all discussion on the attempts for health care reform. As I believe 99.9999% of our country would agree, I feel that no one should be denied the health care they may require based on financial circumstances! Preventative medicine is the key! No one should have to wait on medical attention until the time comes that it is absolutely necessary or, God forbid, too late! A patient with cancer should not shun away from treatment or the best medical minds because of lack of income to support his/her need! A person working six days a week to stay afloat should have access to yearly check-ups without worry of an extreme cost on his/her end! I am all for helping those in need, but why should someone who works the system be provided with more medical care, at a lower (or no) cost than someone working six to seven days a week?! We need to create a health care system where everyone, no matter what socioeconomic background one may fall in, can receive the quality care necessary to live a full, healthy life. Who would suffer from such a proposition? Doctors, pharmacists, individuals working within any medical facility and mostly, health insurance companies. Why? Because they would no longer be able to spike the cost of something so absolutely necessary to every individual within our country. Maybe I have it wrong. Maybe I misunderstand some of how this all works. I would never claim to know absolutely everything about any topic. I do realize that research costs are high and that the equipment used within hospitals and doctors' offfices are extremely expensive, but my personal experience and inability to obtain the medical attention needed provides me with the clear knowledge that something isn't working and needs to change!

No comments:

Post a Comment