Monday, January 18, 2010

New Year ~ and the typical New Year's Resolution!

Yes- I am going to be one of those people! LOL- those people who decide that the best time to start dieting and exercising is January! I just really feel ready. I didn't really include it in my actual New Year's Resolution with the rest of my 2010 goals- but I feel now, at the middle of January, that I am ready to start this. I'm gotten myself into a comfortable realm of not working out again- and that's VERY bad! I feel better about everything in general when I work out regularly and I miss that feeling! I've started by determining what would be the best thing to do for breakfast and lunch. I have a huge problem with eating at these times because I'm either on the go or way too busy! I don't really let myself sit down and eat either of these meals. Then I'm weak and miserable after school, without any desire of expending any more energy. I've noticed though that if I "drink" my breakfast and lunch, that the day seems to run smoother. I've been searching for a decent, used treadmill or a cheap new one for home. I just feel more comfortable working out at home- it doesn't take time out of my schedule to travel to the rec either. I miss having a treadmill in the house so I plan to do something about that, as soon as possible.

This resolution is more than just dieting and exercising to lose weight- it's a change to my lifestyle in order to feel better and be healthier. My body has lost it's ability to work smoothly. The fact that I am capable of bringing that back is not lost on me, and I want to do something about it. As much as I'd like to have an exterior motivation, I must manage to do this on my own, for me! I'm hoping that by putting it in writing, I can keep myself accountable. I counted my caloric intake for the day and realize that has gotten comfortably higher as well. I need to drop in reasonable amounts until I'm back to the recommended for my height, age, and desired weight!

Wish me luck! I'm very excited (sitting here writing about it at least)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment